Valentine's day is here, but it doesn’t have to be lonely.
February is known for its colder weather and shorter days, making it the perfect month to snuggle up with a good book or spend time indoors with loved ones. It's a month of love, reflection, and new beginnings, making it a special time to cherish and make meaningful memories. Get ready to fall in love with self-care this February, and treat yourself to a month of wellness.
I am a purveyor of nice things and whether you’re romantically linked or otherwise, I am a firm believer in treating yourself special and gifting yourself with things that you desire.
Yes Valentine's day is a marketer's dream, but I'm here for the public affirmations and display of affection and all of the platitudes that come with it.
Love is many things, it’s a feeling, an emotion, a bond, and a connection not limited to romantic relationships, but can be found in all forms of relationships.
Here are a few examples of love and relationships that are so fulfilling and rewarding:
- Friendship - Love between friends is a strong bond that is built on trust, support, and understanding. It is a love that is not always romantic, but still holds a special place in our hearts.
- Family - The love between family members is one of the most important types of love. It is a bond that is built on genetics and shared experiences. It is a love that is unconditional and lasts a lifetime.
- Parent-child - The love between a parent and child is one of the most special types of love. It is a love that is built on nurturing, protection, and guidance. It is a love that is unconditional and lasts a lifetime.
- Pet-owner - The love between a pet and their owner is a special bond that is built on trust and companionship. It is a love that is not romantic, but still holds a special place in our hearts.
- Self-love - Love for oneself is one of the most important types of love. It is a love that is built on self-acceptance, self-care, and self-compassion. It is a love that is necessary for our overall well-being.
Valentine's day can be isolating and retrospective for some, so call a friend, arrange a zoom date, do something nice for someone else, show yourself love and continue to find ways and small acts that make you smile inside and out.
Sending love 💕 & light ✨