RESOLUTION OR REFOCUS?
January is the official start of the year this is the general consensus, however for many it doesn’t necessarily feel this way. Instead of creating new resolutions and thinking “new year, new me”, why not refocus, review and assess your present.
I have been feeling lethargic and bloody tired from the festive period, I did berate myself for a little while and then I leaned in to rest and recovery mode. I usually am one of the folks who revisit the gym in the new year and have goals on goals ready to smash. However I’m currently not in the mood to hit the gym, instead I’ve been walking, taking in the sights around me, being more mindful with my diet and meal prepping.
The latter has probably been due to food being bloody expensive. Meal prepping has minimised my food waste when I have been too busy to cook, I really hate throwing away food. This has meant whipping up nutritious soups, curries and stews to tackle my hunger, cravings and make best use of my time. It also helps that I can just chuck everything in one pot, season well and I have a meal for a few days that is tasty. When the wind, rain and darkness let up, I'm certain that I will return to the streets and all that comes with it lol!
Being active is important because it helps me to mitigate disruptive thoughts. Fresh air and the change in scenery allow me to focus on other things and force me to be present in the now. Essential oils are the quickest and most relied on to enhance my mood. I use our essential oil blend, grounding frankincense and mood balancing geranium, a few drops in my bath, a few drops in the diffuser, the list of uses are endless and the way I feel after is priceless.
January doesn’t have to be blue, especially with these suggestions at your fingertips;
- Prioritise self-care: Take time to care for your physical and mental health through activities such as exercise, meditation, and getting enough sleep.
- Eat a balanced diet: Choose a variety of whole, nutrient-rich foods and limit processed and sugary foods.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to maintain good health and energy.
- Manage stress: Find ways to reduce stress in your life, such as through relaxation techniques or seeking support from friends and family.
- Practice gratitude: Take time each day to reflect on the things you are thankful for to improve your overall well-being.
- Exercise regularly: Engage in physical activity that you enjoy to improve your physical health and mood.
- Get enough sleep: Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night to maintain good health and energy.
- Seek support: Don't be afraid to seek help from friends, family, or a mental health professional if you are struggling with your mental health.
- Set manageable goals: Identify short-term and long-term goals for yourself to help you stay motivated and focused on your overall well-being.
- Take breaks: Don't overexert yourself and make sure to take breaks to rest and recharge.
Let us know if you found these tips useful?
Happy New Year to you all!
Love & light,
Leave A Comments